5) Realizing the shirt trouble
    6) Attempts to fold the shirt
    7) ! Building the big ED !
    8) Victory, shirt folded
    9) second mail ariving
    10) Profesor is folded
    11) titles
---

As ussual some kind of character introduction, I personally vote for waking up. You know like follow his everyday ritual, how one robot make him a tea, second brush his teeth and so on... So we will know what is profesor about after that.
Tony
Site Admin

Re: 3) Meet professor

Postby Vlastovka » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:35 pm

If you want to make him waking-up, this scene cant be the third. Logically, the professor is really hard-working person, he can´t be waking up, after the postman already did! Also showing him in his bed - that is kind of personal place. We want to present him as an brilliant scientist, THE PROFESSOR! So...not a lot of emotions. If he would start emotionally, we never can get that contrast with his behavior after he got a letter. Also the switching on the robots for the breakfast....I would leave the robots for the cleaning scene, because we want to avoid repeating ourselves.

I would imagine meeting professor like that - for the time measuring, we can build and ubercool clock, but I would also like to play with the colours. I would set the morning into really cold blue, ending in the evening with orange sun rays, coming through the windows, letting us see the pieces of dust, floating in the air. Maybe the first shot on the professor should be from the behind as well, he could be looking from the window, standing still, had holding each other at his back. He is in front of the big window, the gray clouds are floating in from of him. His silhouette is black, sharp. When the robot with letter comes in, he wont move, he could be standing still, just turn the head when the robot reach him.

I just got an idea - we dont have to present him directly. After the robot gets the letter, camera can follow him from behind, ad there could be some attribution of the professor on the walls - like screwdivers, plans, like 5 titles from the universities, some articles from the newspapers with his pictures...starting from the child photos, with his first set of "make your own steam train", until he get old...
Vlastovka

Postby Tony » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Wow... Ubercool! That is exactly the criticque we need to write. I like the colors, the big clock, actually you stick with that from the beginning (again that fucking word :D). I have nothing to say, i like it. Completely. However some kind of robot presence should be throughout the whole movie. If there will be none of them and suddenly gazillion (again nice word) audence will surely don´t understand what the hell is going on here... You know what i mean. I think we need to build the atmosphere from the beggi... start and only highly emphasize it in cleanup.

I think it will make the whole movie more compact and coherent. But i agree that proff.. protagonist should be busy, that´s actually why he need robots to make the dirty thing, while he is working.

And one other thing i caught from your post. Actually sound interesting, and that is to avoid making proffesor look like a fool, maybe wise but weird. I like the idea of respected honored person, maybe even kind of narcisist, like Klaus. Or genius who realize himself...
Tony
Site Admin

Postby Vlastovka » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Yes, you are right, there should be some robots even before. Like 4...5 ?
Vlastovka

Postby Tony » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:19 pm

I think it´s more about purpose than number. But maybe 3 to reply :D
Robots appearing before should be robots with a personal daily help purpose, assistants, like if you remmember that walking mirror, i send you to Bournemouth. Something like a walking table, interactive blacbkoard (screen of mirror) for notes and so on (big walking ipad). Also a holder of some documents and books. Then really kind of assistant, some robot with hands (only...not humanoid, i don´t like humanoids), bringing him the letters from downstairs... simply assistant. And perhaps a lamp. Sorry but that´s my favourite character. I just love lamps!
Tony
Site Admin

Postby Vlastovka » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Ohh...Already got idea for a robot lamp! Goota draw it! :)
Vlastovka

Postby Tony » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Lamps, why does all animators suffer from that dissease? To be honest, i found them cute. It´s weird, but really i do... oh god, something is wrong with me... So c´mon, tell me i am not alone with that!...
Tony
Site Admin

Postby Chez » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 pm

I bet, you'd kill for being that little boy in the lamp add. :) And what about real lamps, like them too? Proff can also have this nice fetish, so you both can be satisfied.
Chez

Postby Vlastovka » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:05 am

Ok, they´re really cute. But! we can´t make them jump like this. It´s more like magic, than science. We can have a lighting bulbs already. Do you know, how the lamps at the French Restaurant in the windows look like?
http://www.francouzskarestaurace.cz/cs/ ... -prohlidka
I would go for design like this. It fits with the Steam punk (look at that awesome clock as well!), and I can imagine them mounted on the one wheel, or having spider like thin feet.
Vlastovka

Return to Storyboard Shirt